Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 19:30:34 +0200
From:      "Daniel A." <ldrada@gmail.com>
To:        john@cruzweb.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading to 6.1 (cvsup)

Which one of the handbook pages are you looking at?
Well, anyway. This is what I did (Mind you, my way might have been the
wrong way. This is my first time upgrading a FreeBSD installation,
too).

# cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile /root/
- Edit the /root/stable-supfile file to use a mirror near you.
# cvsup /root/stable-supfile
# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/
# cp GENERIC MYKERNEL
- Edit MYKERNEL to reflect your needs (You could remove some of the
device drivers you dont need)
# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=3DMYKERNEL