Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:34:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ron@cts.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dumb installation

In an effort to be totally free of MicroSoft corruption, I did not provide
a dos partition on my nice new 4GB SCSI drive. Well, certainly outsmarted
myself there. After installing BootEasy, I get an endless F? prompt no matter
which function key I depress. Well and good; I can boot with the boot floppy.

I am vulnerable to unattended reboots, however. I am interested in
finding a solution, short of repartitioning, for this installation gaff. One
thing that comes to mind is that if I could change the default on the boot
floppy, I would be molified. How would I do that (lacking the presumed dos
compilers/assemblers/linkers needed to rebuild it)? Any other ideas that come
to mind would be appreciated.

relevent info:

INTEL Tuscon motherboard
Adaptec 2940 UW scsi