Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 2015 21:34:15 +0600
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tap(4) and host-only networking between host and guest

Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> > And if I need the VMs to talk to one another, I think I can bridge
> > several tapN devices on the host.
>
> You could also just use broader IP network and single tap interface
> for several VMs.

Do you mean to say I can run several bhyve instances on the same
tap0 device? Like, with the identical "-s 3,virtio-net,tap0"
parameter?

tap(4) says that tapN is an exclusive-open device. And when I tried it
out, the second bhyve instances said "open of tap device /dev/tap0 failed",
which was kind of expected.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru