Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:43:32 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.4RC5: snd module testing (Test #1)

Hi,

1. Downloaded and installed the 4.4RC5 ISO image.
2. Booted as root.

Test: kldload (sound modules)
1. kldload snd_pcm : shows no errors
2. kldload snd_mss : shows "sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed
irqs 3"
3. kldload snd_sbc : shows "sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed
irqs 3"
4. kldstat : shows kernel,linux,snd_pcm,snd_mss,snd_sbc.ko loaded.

Note: Should this information be correct? I trying to test this method
instead of recompiling the kernel. I need to check to see if sound works
next.

Next test: kldunload

1. kldunload snd_sbc : no errors
2. kldunload snd_mss : no errors
3. kldunload snd_pcm : no errors
4. kldstat : kernel,linux.ko loaded only.

Note: I have seen a system crash during this test in 4.4RC4. I will the main
test.

1. kldload snd : loads all snd modules (errors below)

Note: I get errors about "device_probe_and_attach: csa0 attach returned 6"
and "/kernel: sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0".

Also, I get "/kernel: csa: card is unknown/invalid SSID (CS4610) and
"/kernel: csa0: <CS4610/CS4611> mem
0x50000000-0x500fffff,0x50100000-0x5010fffff irq 11 at device 6.0 on pci0".

- I have a Thinkpad 600e (2645-4au) with the CS4610 PCI Accelerator and a
CS4239 ISA audio sound chip.

2. kldstat : shows kernel.ko,linux.ko, and all the snd modules loaded.
3. kldunload snd : No errors
4. kldstat : shows kernel.ko, linux.ko only

No systems crashes using the GENERIC kernel and testing loading and
unloading of sound modules. Will try a custom kernel next.

Ken Mays
4.4RC5

P.S. Forget my traceroute testing until its documented the same way.