Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 96 10:47:44 EST
From:      M C Wong <mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com>
To:        pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: odd problem with 2.1R NNTP access

> In article <199609190222.AA191889729@hp.com> you wrote:
> : RFC1373 is about DUAs, how does that affect NNTP ?
> : Or is it a side effect of RFC1373 implementation into 2.1R ?

I think u meant RFC1323, right ?

The same reason is causing me unable to access www.etinc.com and
timeout during smtp session.

So, does it mean in general the following are true for 2 FreeBSD
boxes:

1) Both boxes have tcp_extension enabled and they should talk
   happily
2) Both boxes have tcp_extension disabled and they should talk
   happily
3) One has tcp_extension enabled and one disabled and there is
   no gurantee of the connection ? I believe etinc.com is
   using FreeBSD, but I do get this problem before when I have
   the tcp_extension stuff enabled.