Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:36:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      marcov@stack.nl (Marco van de Voort)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp problem.

I have three machines, named one,two,three on a simple bnc network, two is
the machine in the middle.

one can ftp files to and from three(and ping)
two can ftp files to and from three (and ping)

one can ping two and vice versa, but when I try to FTP, I can login, and
start the transfer, but both machine "hang" after a few blocks transfered.
This also goes the other way around.

Three is a win95 machine, one is FreeBSD 4.0 release, and two is a dual boot
win98/linux 2.3.51, though I have a feeling it is not OS related, but I'm
not sure.

One has a 3C509 ethernet card, two a Winbond NE2000 clone, three an unknown
NE2000 clone.

Does anybody recognize the problem? FTP files from one to two via three
starts to get irritating.