Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:56:13 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FP impossible?

The top-level folder for web <Root Web> is a symbolic link and the
'FollowSymLin
ks' server configuration is not set.
ERROR:  / installation failed.
Hit enter to continue

Exiting due to an error!  Please fix the error and try again.

The above was copied/pasted from a telnet session. The error is produced
when I run the fp_install.sh script used to install M$ Frontpage
extensions to an Apache webserver.
	Apache was installed using the port (cd
/usr/ports/www/apache13/;make;make install), with no errors. I have
changed the AllowOverride to ALL, changed AccessConfig and
ResourceConfig to /dev/null as fp_install.sh produced errors on them not
being set as such. The problem I'm having now, is that the above error
doesn't make sense? Options FollowSymLinks Indexes is what I have?
	I have tried the /usr/ports/www/apache13-fp, but it doesn't work
either, I get invalid checksum, as it tries to extract fp40.bsdi.tar.Z,
(btw there's actually a fp40.freebsd.tar.Z available for download from
M$ www.microsoft.com/frontpage/). Even though it is the exact size and
everything as required by the package.
	I'm starting to think that M$ tried to intentionally make Frontpage
Extensions near impossible to install so that people would use NT or
something! That's not going to happen, but I've got customers who desire
Frontpage Extensions. If anyone knows of where a package of some sort
lies for frontpage could they please reply as well as anyone who knows
how to get FP installed right?

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com