Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:06:54 -0500
From:      "Alejandro A. Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>, "FreeBSD" <Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache problems getting out of hand

Hi,

    This is from my experience with apache, maybe Im wrong, but it works for
me:

If you are trying to use NameVirtualHosts:

1.- You can start commenting the Listen & the BindAddress lines.

2.- In the ServerName line, you better use an A record in your DNS for this
host it doesnt matter if it isnt the www one example main.sunnet.co.za

3.- As a recomendation change the line "LogLevel warn" for "LogLevel error".

4.-In the Virtual Host section, you have to change the line:

<VirtualHost library.sunnet.co.za>
for
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.60>

 5.- And the line ServerName, use the A record of your DNS config file:
ServerName main.sunnet.co.za

and add this line for the aliases
ServerAlias www.sunnet.co.za library.sunnet.co.za etc etc etc #if you have
more than one name for this server as a CNAME record in your DNS

Example:
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.60>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@sunnet.co.za
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/library.sunnet.co.za"
    ServerName main.sunnet.co.za
    ServerAlias library.sunnet.co.za www.sunnet.co.za
    ErrorLog /var/log/library.sunnet.error
    TransferLog /var/log/http/megared-access.log
</VirtualHost>

6.- Type "/usr/local/sbin/apachectl restart" for restarting the http daemon.

BTW This is not an Apache list, but if you need help, then I think I can
help you.

Have Fun...

Ales