Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:58:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew Juszczak" <matt@atopia.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to get external monitor working

I have a Dell D810 Latitude.

I don't necessarilly want to get "multiple monitors" working, but I do
want to get an external monitor working.

I put my laptop in the docking station, and with Windows or almost any
version of Linux, I can do "Function F8" and it will go to the external
display.  However, with FreeBSD and X, it seems to ignore that.

I assume this is just a missing key code map or something.  Is there
anyone that has experience with this that could assist?

Thanks!

Regards,

Matt Juszczak