Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 2021 16:15:48 +0100
From:      Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg update timeout

Hi

Stupid question but, I try to set up a FETCH_TIMEOUT and FETCH_RETRY for
pkg update.

The reason is we use our own poudriere server. And from time to time the
poudriere server are down. Not big deal but during this time the pkg won't
give up until don't_know_how_long. And because we using puppet to manage
all server, the puppet agent won't work because he wait the pkg update to
finish.

So I try :

  FETCH_TIMEOUT:
  FETCH_RETRY

  fetch_timeout
  fetch_retry

in

  /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

in

  /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/myrepos.conf

in

  env in bash

Force pkg to use /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf.

but the pkg update never end, and if I add «-d» flag I can see the pkg
still waiting the libfetch to finish.

Anyone known where should I put those options ?

Thanks

Regards

--
Albert SHIH