Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 13:21:11 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Paul Missman" <missmanp@milo.cfw.com>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd - It works, thanks.

>1. I exited the installation process before it copied the binaries.

oops

>2. I hadn't marked the freebsd partition as bootable.  Perhaps
instructions
>under novice installation need to be added here, with reassurance
that this
>won't cause Win95 to become non-bootable.

Actually, I've never had to mess with the boot flag on any partition.
 The boot manager that comes with FreeBSD replaces the MBR and takes
care of all that.  (of course, I use system commander, and don't even
have to mess with the boot manager any more).

>3. Other than that, installation was pretty easy (even though I had
>upload it all at 14.4k).

Ouch... I've had to do that a time or two.  Been on a T1 for the last
few months :)

>Thanks to everyone,
>Paul Missman

You're welcome, though I don't think I've given any assistance to you
specifically :)

>P.S.  One question - does anyone know when ppp for COM4 might be
added?
>Else, I will have to disable my COM1 and move my modem.

When you get the boot: prompt, type in -c for a configuration menu,
and adjust the drivers there.  In the GENERIC kernel, you can have up
to 4 serial devices, configured to use a wide variety of IO addresses
and IRQs.  Just set one of them for com4 (actually, com4 is already
configured, just need to turn it on and check the IRQ -- I think it's
set to IRQ2), and be on your way.

--
Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services