Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2012 22:39:02 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Music production on FreeBSD

On Saturday 07 April 2012 21:04:41 Tony wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is anybody aware of any talented producers who produce their music
> primarily on FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tony

Man, that has been my dream for a good while!

Ardour is a fine multitrack but no MIDI, at least on FreeBSD. And FBSD itself
has lots of issues with MIDI.

Besides that, there is the driver problem with most professional sound boards.

I am going to attempt something a quite bit out of my league which is try to
port the alsa drivers for my echo Gina3G board to FBSD. If I can manage to do
that, then I believe the rest will fall on my lap by gravity.

I hope I don't blow up my desktop.

I'm eager to read the replies to the OP.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br