Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 23:13:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ISA_PnP & pnp.c (was ISA_PnP & patch)

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Sujal Patel wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Barry Masterson wrote:

> > Now, my second question:  /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pnp.c  has no
> > entry for the sb16. Only two; the "Supra Express" & "SMC etherEZ".
> > I only need the sb16, so can I replace, say, the Supra entry in
> > pnp.c with the needed sb16 entry?
>
> Delete the entries that you don't need and just enter the sb16
> configuration in there.

Thank You.  Just another question;
'pnpinfo' reports the Serial Number as 0022241a . The configuration
samples show the Serial Number in hexadecimal; with a "0x" prefix.

Is the pnpinfo serial number in hexadecimal, without the '0x'
prefix?  And if yes, can I just `pre-append` the '0x' to the
pnpinfo serial number when I place it in pnp.c?

Thanks.

Barry Masterson
jbarrm@panix.com
  FreeBSD   2.1.5-R