Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:19:03 -0700
From:      Rick Updegrove <dislists@updegrove.net>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@lists.freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@www.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.9 SMP Stability?

Scott Long wrote:
  > What was the date of your 4.9-STABLE system?  Would you be willing
> to give 4.10-BETA a try?  It would really help us know if we are ready
> to release 4.10 or not.

I hesitate to do this since my problem is *fixed* with

root@govmail ~ # uname -v
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p17 #0: Sun Apr  4 23:57:39 PDT 2004

root@govmail ~ # uptime
10:12AM  up 8 days,  9:19, 1 user, load averages: 0.41, 0.56, 0.49

I absolutely love FreeBSD 4.x and depend upon it for my all my server
needs, and FreeBSD 4.x is all I have used for many years now.  This year
I finally started using it exclusively for my desktops at home, (soon to
be on my desktop at work also but here I took the plunge and installed
two 5.x boxes).

I strongly feel it is my duty and responsibility to help out wherever I
can, so I will cvsup right now to:

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_9

This will give me the 4_10 BETA  ?

Rick