Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:42:05 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Re: laptop no longer reboots

--VywGB/WGlW4DM4P8

On 2007-Aug-02 15:58:59 -0700, Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org> wrote:
>I've got a desktop (i386 SMP kernel on an AMD 64 X2 with a recent Nvidia
>chipset) with this problem. Someone suggested removing EHCI from the
>kernel, and that "fixed" the problem.  I haven't had time to investigate
>the problem in detail.

In the past (on older versions of FreeBSD), I've had reboots refuse to
work if I had any kernel modules loaded.  It didn't seem to matter
which kld I loaded.  I lost ready access to the hardware before I ever
solved the problem.  I got as far as adding printf's to the shutdown
code and as far as I could tell, it was correctly asking the BIOS to
reboot and then went off into la-la land.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--VywGB/WGlW4DM4P8

--VywGB/WGlW4DM4P8--