Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:48:54 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Practical limit to number of jails on a given host?

> Any thoughts or advice along these lines will be greatly appreciated. :)

I don't know of any hardcoded limits, but I can give you some
specifics of what I know works.

We have production servers running 40 jails.  They perform a variety of
functions from database jails that are constantly busy to batch job jails
that sit idle 99% of the time.

These systems have 16G of RAM, 16 CPUs, and about 200 nullfs mounts.

They run like production-quality stuff should, long uptimes (only rebooted
for OS upgrades) and very little maintenance or babysitting required.

HTH

--
http://www.intermedix.com
Bill Moran

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
privileged and/or protected under law. If you received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by forwarding a copy to
karen.collier@intermedix.com and then deleting the original message and
any attachments.