Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:57:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Willem Jan  Withagen <wjw@surf.IAE.nl>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tree tagging put off by ~12 hours.

You ( Jordan K. Hubbard ) write:
=>  > There's no OFF chance. I'm already begging for a long to be allowed to
=>  > donate to FreeBSD.
=>  >
=>  > Tell me what it needs and what the US costs are.
=>  > I'll look up what it would cost here in Holland. (This because last time,
=>  > we decided to fly 2 machines from Holland to the US with FedEX at $150
=>  > a piece)

I just looked it up in my jkh archive. The first date of wanting to donate was
june 14th, 1997.

=>  Well, going by general prices here, I'd say that a minimum config,
=>  essentially no more than what's necessary to do the job that freefall
=>  does, would look something like:
=>
=>  ASUS Motherboard:	$250
=>  PII-400 processor:	$750
=>  Memory (256MB PC100):	$300
=>  ATX tower case:		$150
=>  Usual fans/floppy/etc:	$100 [all misc remaining parts]
=>
=>  Total:			$1550

SCSI Controller on the motherboard?

=>  If I were going for broke, I'd also add:
=>
=>  2 Quantum Atlas II 9gb drives:    $520 each, $1040 total.

We're not going to go broke on this one.
Just get the lot, and figure out a way to get met a bill with $2600 on it,
so I can make our accountant happy.

We've spent already ~$1700 on what is going to be a dedicated

	nl.freebsd.org

Which has only 1 4Gb disk and a measily 233MMX/32Mb, but it'll do for a while.

--WjW
--
Internet Access Eindhoven BV.,  voice: +31-40-2 393 393, data: +31-40-2 606 606
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands