Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 01:54:31 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, rotel@indigo.ie, Sean Harding <sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lost root shell

On Apr 15,  9:56am, Greg Lehey wrote:

> I don't have a problem with not answering stupid or disrespectful
> questions.  I do it all the time myself.  But that wasn't the issue.

Well, perhaps this is my *real* gripe.  Most of the people who ask
for a personal reply tend to fall into the "OHMIGOD I have a terrible
problem thats all your fault come and fix it for me now!" or "hey,
how does ppp work?" category.

> > This is the first list I've seen that regularly posts guidelines for
> > the people *answering* the questions.
>
> Do you consider that good or bad?

Well, it can't do any harm, although the usual target for this kind
of thing are the people who ask stupid questions or ask in an
ignorant fashion so its not nice to be lumped in with them :)  Heh.

Thanks,

Niall

--
Niall Smart.  Microsoft Suck.  See www.freebsd.org for details.
echo "#define if(x) if(!(x))" >> /usr/include/stdio.h