Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2017 17:07:39 +0300
From:      Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <rm@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stefan Hagen <freebsd-ports@textmail.me>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I would like to maintain and update www/luakit

Stefan Hagen wrote on 07/24/2017 16:16:

[...]

> I can see two approches how to tackle this:
>
> a) leave the current www/luakit port as it is and create a new
>     www/luakit-gtk3 with the 2017 release. This would prevent an
>     automatic update for existing users.
>
> b) update the existing www/luakit port and add the information about
>     the configuration incompatibility to UPDATING.
>
> Any other options?
> A helping hand would be appreceated.
>
> Best Regards,
> Stefan

Since there are no ports depending upon luakit, it is better to just
update the existing port. Also we have two webkit-gtk3 branches:

www/webkit2-gtk3 - 2.16 (stable branch, supports both apiv1 and apiv2) and
www/webkit-gtk3 - 2.4 (old branch, unsupported upstream, apiv1 only)

If luakit is compatible with both of them, please stick with 2.16 port.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

T.O.S. Of Reality