Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:21:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Robin Knapp Dickey <robin@thoughtgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multi OS

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Robin Knapp Dickey wrote:

> My computer has a single 4.3G drive that has three partitions. I have
> installed Windows NT, DOS, and Windows 95 on the boot partition, c:\.
> I want to install FreeBSD on partition E:\ without damaging the
> functionality of the other OS's. Can this be done? If so, how?

Carefully.  Considering how much you have installed, it'll take some
creativity to find a place for FreeBSD.  The main problem is if your BIOS
adheres to the 500MB boot limitation.  That limit states that any OSs's
bootable sections must reside below the 1024th cylinder on your boot
disk(s).

If you can get around that, you'll probably have to use FIPS or Partition
Magic to split out some unpartitioned space to put the FreeBSD slice
into.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo