Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:00:15 -0500
From:      Cortland Naegelin <jtylor20@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Optical Mouse problem

Hi,

	I need some direction. I have a optical mouse that will not configure
properly in sysinstall or X. It jumps around and randomly opens menus.
In sysinstall it disappears reappears clkoses dialogs all by itself when
you move it. I have that same mouse that functions perfectly under 4.4
and 4.6. In Freebsd 4.7 and 5.0, they work very erratically. The mouse
is as follows.

		Optical Two button with wheel PS/2 mouse

I have used all the drivers and protocols. MouseSystems Protocol gives
me the best result which are still very poor.

Detected at boot as
			psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> IRQ 12 atkbdc0
			psm0: model 4D+ Mouse, device id 8

			in X using /dev/sysmouse

Has anything changes since 4.6? Can you please point me in the right
direction.

			thank you Cort naegelin