Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:45:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Barry Amos Rougeau <rougeau@cs.unt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Blaster Live! Value Trouble

I'm running 4.1.1-RELEASE on an ASUS A7V motherboard. I've finally
succeeded in getting the onboard Ultra ATA/100 controller to cooperate,
but the sound card still has a way to go. I've included device pcm in my
kernel, ran /dev/sh MAKEDEV snd, snd0, and snd1, and cat /dev/sndstat
always returns: Device not configured. When I boot up I get:

pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xa400-0xa41f at device 10.0 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map interrupt
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

Any help will be greatly appreciated.