Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:17:12 -0700
From:      Orion Hodson <orion@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Subject:   Audigy [ was Re: ... Terratec EWS88MT ... ]

/-- "David O'Brien" wrote:
| On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:21:42PM -0800, Orion Hodson wrote:
| > The project has had two drivers submitted for Audigy support in the
| > past couple of weeks.  I've been holding off looking at them as cg's
| > really the man for the job.  However, as I've found out today cg's
| > been ill of late and has plenty of things going on externally at
| > present.
|
| So how do we move forward?

Orlando Bassotto, one of the Audigy code submitters, has taken on the task of
combining the contributions.  The latest patch is available at:

	http://mad.ieo-research.it/freebsd/drivers/emu10k1/

If you have the h/w, I'm sure he'd appreciate testers and feedback.  This h/w
really requires some architectural enhancements in the sound driver framework
to support audio stream routing and the mixer.  We don't have those yet, but
cg is working on designs for newpcm2 that should address this (it's pretty
hard with the OSS mixer interface).

It would be good to have at least basic pcm support for the audigy in the tree
for the upcoming 5.1 fork (assuming it's not too high risk).

- Orion