Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:21:32 -0800
From:      "Dixit, Viraj" <Viraj.Dixit@CityofPaloAlto.org>
To:        "Polytropon" <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Is their Automatic command to send a JPG file using FTP

Thanks so much. One question, I created a .netrc file and put it in the
root (/root) directory and this is what it looks like below. I have
taken out the IP, user name & password so no body can use them. Can you
tell me if my syntax is correct and how do I activate this file and is
this file in the right place on the server. Thanks,

machine 172.16.0.38
login =20
password =20
macdef init
binary
lcd /ftp
cd /var/temp
get newemp.db
quit

VJ
Viraj Dixit
City of Palo Alto Information Technology
650-329-2118