Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:40:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp?

Hi
I am going to use ppp to connect to my school server. But in handbook it
says use ppp and set up some configuration files. I did. Then I got an
error "failed to open modem". Thou at the same time, I have /dev/modem
linked to /dev/cuaa4. and modem configured in my ppp.conf file. (I have
tried all other possibilities I mean other ports. but none worked. )

And I read the part of setup kernel ppp in handbook and there is a section
called working as ppp client. I checked it out and it said use pppd and
configure ppp.options and use kermit to connect.

Then i got Totally confused. Which one I should use to connect? And does
anyone have a whole set of configuration files that can be shared with me?
I'd really like to see some examples.

By the way, My school server assigns dynamic IP address to me.

Thanks in advance. I'll really appreciate that.

Wei Weng     <---> wweng@stevens-tech.edu
Van Fantel   <---> Kanzaki Hitomi
Tamahome     <---> Miaka
Ikari shinji <---> Ayanami Rei
*Tenku no Escaflowne, Fushigi Yuugi, Shin Seiki Evangelion*