Date:      Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:49:58 +0400
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@fbsd.ru>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Resolution for firefox3 and libthr in -current?

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 16:40 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@fbsd.ru> (Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:53:41 +0400):
>
> > On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 10:03 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've read about the problems some people had/have with firefox3 and
> > > some changes in libthr which causes high CPU utilisation. Did I miss
> > > the resolution or is this problem still open (I have the same now)?
> >
> > I have reported that problem. And problem clearly was triggered by
> > userland part of mentioned commit. (SVN rev 179970 on 2008-06-24
> > 07:32:12Z by davidxu)
> >
> > But, when I've upgraded to firefox3 problem disappears. So now I can't
> > provide much debug information.
>
> Have you compiled it with optimized cflags or without (config option)?

firefox - yes

% cat /var/db/ports/firefox3/options
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for firefox-3.0_2,1
_OPTIONS_READ=firefox-3.0_2,1
WITH_DBUS=true
WITH_NEWTAB=true
WITH_SMB=true
WITHOUT_DEBUG=true
WITHOUT_LOGGING=true
WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=true
%

world - with standard options

> I've updated and I still have problems, but this times ff3 is blocked
> in the ucond state and there's no unusual CPU consumption.

I didn't notice and performance issues now, but ff3 coredumps on
newsru.com site with 100% probability on open.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova@fbsd.ru