Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:32:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error when trying to mount cd

On 31 Dec 2002, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Subject: Re: Error when trying to mount cd
>
> On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 17:28, Kevin Greenidge wrote:
> > I was trying to mount a Windows XP disk to use as a
> > test.
> >
> Hi Kevin,
>    To test what?
>
> Instead of "Error when tryign to mount cd" as a subject, don't you think
> that the fact that the CD is actually WinXP was kinda pertinent to the
> problem?
>
> Try previous suggestions with a *normal* data CD, if you please.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stacey

A Windows install CD of any version I can think of should mount just fine
as an iso9660 data cd. This is a valid test, unless M$ is doing something
funky to their CDs that I don't know about. Is this CD usuable in other
operatings systems and/or on other hardware? I think the original poster
is just tripping over mount(8) liek we all do the first time around .. :)

If it still doesn't work post your dmesg output so we can see what type of
CD player you have.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg