Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 15:54:00 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        ARUN G NAIR <virtualarun@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install help plz..

Hi Arun,

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:33:31AM -0700, ARUN G NAIR wrote:
> Hello....
>
> I am gonna install FBSD 4.5 on my sys.Should it be
> installed in a partition that is inside 1024 cylinders
> ?

That shouldn't be neccesary, FreeBSD boots fine above it.

> Is there any difference btw linux and BSD commands.

User commands don't differ that much, but you'll be pleased with
the ports system and the layout of a 'base' bsd install.
The kernel build process is a relief comparing to linux, you'll only
need to edit a simple text file. Furthermore, the way a system
upgrade works is amazing according to Linux; Just a 'make world' and
'mergemaster' will upgrade it from source. I recommend reading the
handbook, which explains lots of neat features in a very nice
readable way.

> Thanx.

Gr,
--