Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:38:41 -0500
From:      Andrew Angrick <angrick@netdirect.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Virtual Server Quotas

I'm setting up a virtual server system where I can give users their own
'slice' of the computer... Their own webservers w/ config files, POP
accounts, sendmail config, FTP, etc. etc....The only thing I haven't figure
out how to do is create quotas on a virtual user basic. For example, a
'virtual' user would be someone specified in something like
/usr/home/mylogin/etc/passwd. Whenever a daemon like ftpd was chrooted to
/usr/home/mylogin, it would read the appropriate virtual user info. Does
anyone have any idea on how to create quotas on a virtual basis? For
example, say if I have a virtual server customer who creates an FTP/MAIL
capable user on his account, how could I set it up so he can add quotas
also when creating the new user. I guess I'm not exactly sure how quotas
actually work and what files are involved. Could edquota be somehow
configured to read different config files depending on who's home directory
you've chrooted to? I've seen it work on BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 servers.

Andy