Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:36:03 +0100
From:      "Morten Seeberg" <ml@seeberg.dk>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?RC3-ISO_doesn=B4t_recognize_Thinkpad_600E_CD-ROM_Drive?=

Hi, when booting off the RC3 ISO, I the the error:

Canīt work out which disk we are booting from.
Guessed BIOS device 0x8b not found by probes, defaulting to disk0:

The ISO only found my floppy as disk0 and my FAT partition as disk1.

Not the CD-ROM drive it booted off. It works just fine when booting off the
floppies. But if the RC3-ISO CD is in the Cd-ROM while booting off the disks
I still get the above error, although everything works fine, because I boot
off the floppies.

Itīs like the bootloader cannot recognize the CD-ROM drive, but the GENERIC
can.

I have a IBM Thinkpad 600E, with the DVD drive.