Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:46:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      Oliver Helmling <oliver.helmling@stud.uni-bayreuth.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   yp

hi all!

i'm new to freebsd but i'm not new to unix.

i've setup my linux-box to work as a ypserver using the ypserv (suse linux
6.2) and my freebsd box as a ypclient. since i'm not an usa resident i
didn't install the kerberos and des encryption. now, the problem is that i
can do a ypcat and ypwhich from my freebsd box and i get all the right
maps but i can't login. yes i've added the +::::::::: (9) things in
master.passwd using vipw and all that stuff.

has anybody some experience how to setup an ypclient which is conform to
the linux shadow passwd scheme?

thanks in advance.

oliver