Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2011 12:25:55 -0800
From:      "Adrian Chadd" <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        "lev@freebsd.org" <lev@freebsd.org>, "Adrian Chadd" <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: update - new hal flag to force a full chip reset

Well I am still trying to establish what exactly is going on in noisy envir=
onments. The ar9160 doesn't behave this way.

A bit of background in case you feel like doing some digging..

The ANI patent doc explains what is going on. The ani code tweaks some para=
meters for weak signal detection, as well as what the desired signal size=
 and level is. What I am not clear on yet is whether it's a signal sizing=
 issue (ie, whether the ambient or bursty noise is falling within the signa=
l level/size ani programs in) or whether the radio setup/calibration code=
 is doing something wrong in 2.4ghz mode.

So it may be worthwhile reading the patent doc and ar5416 ani code, add som=
e debugging tweaks and do some experiments with the parameters.

I've setup ath9k and it has similar behaviour. Sigh. :)

Adrian

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&amp;T
On Nov 6, 2011 11:19 AM, Lev Serebryakov &lt;lev@freebsd.org&gt; wrote:=20

Hello, Adrian.