Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:57:38 +0200
From:      "Marcel Grandemange" <thavinci@thavinci.za.net>
To:        "'Aiza'" <aiza21@comclark.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 8 New USB Stack Issues

>Marcel Grandemange wrote:
> Good Day.
>
> I am really hopeing someone can assist me here.
>
> I have a E620 Huawei PCMCIA 3G card in a PCMCIA-TO-PCI Converter in a
> Freebsd server for a sms server i run.
>
> Now it used to run without issues, however since the change over from 7.2
> 8.0REL it no longer works and there are no entries under /dev/cuaux and so
> forth.
>
> Regards
> Marcel Grandemange
>

>> From the 8.0 release notes is the following
>>http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/relnotes-detailed.html

>>[amd64, i386] The uart(4) is now the default driver for serial port
>>devices in
>>favor of the sio(4) driver. Note that the device nodes have been renamed
>>with /dev/cuauN and /dev/ttyuN.

Yes but the devices don't actually attach

Eg..

ugen0.2: <HTC> at usbus0

uipaq0: <HTC Generic RNDIS, class 239/1, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2> on usbus0

device_attach: uipaq0 attach returned 6

uipaq0: <HTC Generic RNDIS, class 239/1, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 2> on usbus0

device_attach: uipaq0 attach returned 6

As can be seen by the "attach returned 6"

And

ohci1: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> mem 0xde7ad000-0xde7adfff irq 18 at
device 0.1 on cardbus0
ohci1: [ITHREAD]
usbus8: reset timeout
ohci1: USB init failed
device_attach: ohci1 attach returned 6

And Here again. Many devices Suffer Of this.