Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:24:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@cola155.scsn.net>
To:        bartol@salk.edu (Tom Bartol)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recent vfork kernel changes broke csh & tcsh!

> I just rebooted with the kernel and world I made after make update this
> morning and am seeing similar problems.  csh seg faults and X hangs at the
> gray screen with mouse active but no windows or window manager.
>
> Tom

    Yeah, I'm getting this too.  The X problem is caused by xrdb...
Xrdb tries to pipe your .Xresources to cpp, but it hangs for unknown
reasons, probably related to the popen/vfork changes.  A temporary
work-around is to change the lines in your .xinitrc that invoke
xrdb -merge <wahtever> to xrdb -nocpp -merge <whatever>.

--

                                            Donald J. Maddox
                                            (dmaddox@scsn.net)