Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:42:15 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@buz.ch>
To:        Bruno Van Den Bossche <bruno.van.den.bossche@pandora.be>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: ATA broken as of yesterday?

Hi Bruno Van Den Bossche,
you wrote.

BVDB> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:36:12 +0200
BVDB> Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@buz.ch> wrote:

>> A machine I had recompiled with a CVSUP as of yesterday (and again
>> today, to no avail) can't mount root from a HPT370 (/dev/ar0s1a)
>> RAID 1 array anymore, with the saved old kernel (two weeks or so I
>> think) it boots without any trouble.

BVDB> I've got the same controller onboard and just cvsupped and rebuild world
BVDB> and kernel and everyting seems to be working fine.  I don't have my
BVDB> root-partition on it and it's configured for striping instead of RAID 1.

BVDB> atapci1: <HighPoint HPT370 UDMA100 controller> port
BVDB> 0xcc00-0xccff,0xc800-0xc803,0xc400-0xc407,0xc000-0xc003,0xbc00-0xbc07
BVDB> irq 9 at device 14.0 on pci0

I think my machine didn't even show up atapci1 with the new kernel.
But since I'm not currently onsite, it's hard to verify this. I'll see
whether I can get another box with the controller together.
Regards,
Gabriel