Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 07:38:36 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Matthias Bartels <mbartels@genie.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patch failed during port installation

Matthias Bartels <mbartels@genie.de> types:
> Servus,
>
> Yesterday I tried to install the port netpbm on my 4.3 FreeBSD. But I
> got the following error message:
>
> ==>Patches for netpbm-9.12
> ==>Applying FreeBSD patches for netpbm-9.12
> 4 out of 4 hunks failed--saving rejects to pbmplus.h.rej
> >>Patch patch-aj failed to apply cleanly
> ***Error Code 1
>
> Does anybody know what i did wrong, and could tell me a possible
> solution

This type of thing usually means you've corrupted the port in some
way. For instance, copying a new version over an old one and leaving
both sets of patches, or having extracted an old source that you're
trying to patch, or similar things.

Remove the entire port and work directory - which is usually in the
port directory - and reinstall the port, then try again.

	<mike