Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:28:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Streiner, Justin" <streiner@stargate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   READ_BIG errors on reading data from CD drive

All:

I've tried mount and mount_cd9660 in my testing of this issue and I run
into the same problems.  I've also tried trying my internal CD drive
(Samsung 140B I borrowed out of another machine) onto my other controller
(ultra ATA133), with no improvements.  In fact when I did that I could
usually get the kernel to panic while copying data from a CD.

I'm really getting to the point where I'm at a loss to explain and fix
this issue.

Could it be a DMA issue of some sort?  The motherboard is an older
PPRO-MMX I salvaged out of another machine.  Maybe some sort of IDE bus
contention issue?  I doubt it since there's not much else on that bus - a
small hard drive and a 3.5" floppy drive.

Any insight anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

jms