Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:07:31 -0700
From:      vehemens <vehemens@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   [CFT] drm updates

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 16:48 -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:

>Argh for the Linuxization of the DRM code.

Well to be fair, the BSD's haven't been doing their share for a while.  All
this net/open work in "my own repro" hasn't helped either.

The inclusion of the intel gem code was actually a good thing as the multiple
branch linux work was a disorganized mess at best.

It also seems to of generated more traffic on this list then I have seen in a
long time (wake-up call?).

On a side note, intel just eliminated any reason for a BSD user to buy any of
their new hardware.  yea??

Personally I really haven't cared to much about git master usability as I'm
waiting for radeon dri2 and r600 support.

Having said all of that, I'll add that I'm hoping to get a commit bit soon
given that I have a number of local patches that reduces the unnecessary
differences (that's the plan anyway).