Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 18:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Leonardo Cardoso <lcardoso@centroin.com.br>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Leonardo Cardoso wrote:

>         I need to recover my last boot manager (with Windows NT 4.0 and
> Windows 95), so I type the command "FDISK /mbr" in Win95. The boot manager
> of freeBSD was deleted and only the manager of the NT appears!
>
>         When i try to install FreeBSD again, the boot manager don't works,
> and I can't boot in my second hard drive (where FreeBSD is installed)!

Known bug.  The boot manager was installed to the second drive, which of
course doesn't help.  Install it yourself by grabbing the 'bootinst.exe'
and 'boot.bin' files out of /tools off of the CDROM or
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/tools.  Then run 'bootinst' to put booteasy
on.

You'll have to do this from DOS.  I assume WinNT has the same
write-protected boot sector that win95 does.