Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:58:26 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
Cc:        'Peter Jeremy' <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>, 'Doug Barton' <dougb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, "'Michael C. Shultz'" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd Stable documentation

vizion wrote:
> Thiis was originally
> Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure now in libmagic
> And on Mike Shultz recommendation I have relabeled the topic
>
> (mass snippage)

I have not tried to upgrade directly from 5.3 -> 6.0 (however, I did do
5.4 -> early 6-current a few months ago, so this is topic of interest
for me).

I guess I would recommend doing this:

1) Work out how to successfully perform the upgrade (using help from
this list).

2) Note what changes are needed to the upgrading section of the
Handbook, patch the src SGML, and submit said patch to freebsd-doc.

I should add that I have not actually tried this plan myself - however I
have been involved in a similar sort of thing with Postgresql - their
docs list guys were very receptive to some patches I submitted. I
suspect the Freebsd folks would be too.

Cheers

Mark