Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:20:04 +0100
From:      Mikael Bak <mikael@t-online.hu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   mydns-mysql starts before mysql has finished starting

Hi list,

This is my first post to this list.
I'm not exactly new to freebsd but I have used GNU/Linux more.

Last week I installed my first FreeBSD 7.1 machine. A base system with
only mc, mysql and mydns-mysql packages. I installed all from pre
compiled packages, not from ports.

When I reboot the machine the mysql server is not finished starting
before mydns tries to start, so it fails leaving me with a not working
DNS server. I have to manually start mydns-mysql.

As a very ugly fix I have edited the startup script for mydns-mysql and
added a 10 sec delay.

I wonder what else I can do. Should I perhaps contact the port
maintainer? How do I reach him/her?

TIA,
Mikael Bak
Budapest, Hungary