Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:10:34 -0700
From:      Travis Cole <tcole@balsam.methow.com>
To:        Axis <axis@isis.aye.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hardware

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 09:13:02PM -0400, Axis wrote:
> I have been using *BSD* for around 3 years now. My problem is thatI have
> always used the console for system administration duties. I really want to
> put a kick *** system together to run X with all of the luxuries.
> I have noticed there is not that much support for sound cards andvideo
> display adapters.
> Given your experience, Could you please inform me of which sound card and
> video display adapter works best with FreeBSD.

I have a Nvidia RivaTNT that works great in FreeBSD.  And with
the patches from Nvidia I have hardware accelerated OpenGL working.

I say go even better and get a TNT2 for video.  Its not supported
out of the box yet but its pretty easy to patch the XFree86 sources
to make it work and I think XFree86 3.3.4 should have support for it.

--
--Travis