Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:13:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Licia <licia@o-o.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG

> > Heh.  "fad" is also the abbreviation I've been using for my freebsd-admin
> > application.  Anyone have any good suggestions for a final name for it?  I
> > don't think there's any standard name that's common to many Unices;
> > everyone seems to use something different.
> >

> Oh, I'm sorry... would you like me to change the name of the list to something
> else?

No, I was just pointing out a coincidence that I found humorous -- I
started work on an application, and found myself wishing for a list where
I could pick the brains of other FreeBSD app developers, then a few weeks
later find that list in existence, with the same name as the working
abbreviation I'd been using.  My app's name probably won't even stick
around if someone can come up with something better. :)

--
Brian Buchanan                                     brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU