Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:32:53 -0400
From:      raviprasad20@netscape.net
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Struct ifnet initalization.

Hi,
I have the following questions.
Whether any special initialization fo the ifnet structure is required for ipv6?

Some of the structures like ifaddr, sockaddr_dl are initialized in the same way as is done for ipv4. Whether this won't affect the performance?

Iam unable to follow the correct control flow in the ifnet structure initialization. If any body has already done this kindly mail me the flow.

I have gone through the TCP/IP illustrated by Richard Stevens. But the control flow that he has presented differs from that of the order in which functions are called in the free BSD available in your site.

Kindly update me in this regard.
ravi prasad