Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 00:00:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        whinson@aracnet.com (Wally Hinson)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Off-by-one bug

> I remember seeing this off-by-one bug mentioned early on in the talk
> about the new code, and was a little surprised to see it still
> there...I know this is a minor nit to be picking, but it also seems
> like a fairly simple thing to fix before release, and doing so might
> eliminate one more potential source of confusion for people
> encountering the new slice code for the first time.
>
> Just my $0.02...

My nickle:  The guy responsible for the code acknowledged the problem
and said, "Ignore it for now."  Then he said, [paraphrasing from memory]
"It'll persist for a while.  I understand the problem, but the fix is
not trivial."

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                 Brother, can you paradigm?
602-953-1392  chad@dcfinc.com  chad@anasazi.com  larson1@home.com