Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:36:13 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        "Florian C. Smeets" <flo@kasimir.com>
Cc:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCHED_ULE  wacky load averages on -current, fixed.

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:10:29 +0200 Florian C. Smeets wrote:
> Jeff Roberson wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> >
> > Please test http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/ulehtt.diff.
> >
> > This should fix HTT machines.  It also has a small performance
> > improvement in it for interrupt heavy workloads that may cause a lot of
> > preemption.

> Hi Jeff,

> yes with this patch the load averages on my P4 HTT system are back to
> normal.

+1. Load varages are back to normal with this patch.
Can't say about perfomance though. This is for:
-----
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2992.52-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf41  Stepping = 1
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x441d<SSE3,RSVD2,MON,DS_CPL,CNXT-ID,xTPR>
  AMD Features=0x100000<NX>
  Logical CPUs per core: 2
real memory  = 2137915392 (2038 MB)
avail memory = 2082508800 (1986 MB)
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1
-----

Thanks, Jeff!