Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:20:05 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/148805: [hang] FreeBSD 7.2, 8.0, and 9.0 hang during install at probing devices

The following reply was made to PR amd64/148805; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To: Rich <rl001@pacbell.net>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: amd64/148805: [hang] FreeBSD 7.2, 8.0, and 9.0 hang during install
 at probing devices
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:17:28 +0300

 on 21/07/2010 18:58 Rich said the following:
 > I filled out he boxes in the form. Hree's my hardware info:

 Which form? I don't see the info here:

 > AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2.20 GHz
 > 2G RAM
 >
 > Motherboard Foxconn Digitalife A79A-S

 Thanks.

 > The boot process is to install any recent FreeBSD install CD and it
 > hangs at the part where it say'

 Any means you tried both i386 and amd64 CDs?

 > *"Probing devices, please wait (this can take a while)... "*
 >
 > What other info do you need?

 I am not much familiar with sysinstall, where is this printed?
 Console or curses interface?
 I am interested in seeing the messages on console up to the point where sysinstall
 hangs.

 --
 Andriy Gapon