Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:12:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Quattlebaum <sasdrq@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   web pages for mirror sites

We are maintaining a mirror site here at SAS Institute. This is not a
visible mirror site outside of SAS tho' because of our firewall.

We installed apache http server and were excited when we brought up
the same web page here as on freebsd.org. We were disappointed when
we went to search noting that we were searching on freebsd.org. We are
mirroring gnats, mail and www data. I have also installed wais.

I copied search.html to tsearch.html and changed the freebsd.org url's
to point to our local machine. It ran my cgi script, but it showed a
message:

   archives are currently unavailable.

Now the questions:

1) I need some more things setup to make this work I know. Any doc on
   setting up a mirror? Including links needed for the gnats database,
   mail archives?

2) Can't the web pages be modified to work locally no matter where
   they are (freebsd.ord, mrose.pc.sas.com, etc.)? That way cvsup
   will still maintain them correctly.

Thanks.

--
David Quattlebaum, (sasdrq@unx.sas.com)             <IXOYE><