Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 06:05:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: elf & compat

> > The plan is to have aout libraries only in aout sub-directories. Then when
> > we no longer need aout support, we just prune them. /usr/lib/compat is
> > reserved for elf compat libraries. I think it will be empty for 3.0-RELEASE
.

> So we are going to toss 2.x support??  (sarcastic)

Um, he already answered that question.  The 2.x stuff goes in
/usr/lib/compat/aout, the legacy elf stuff goes in /usr/lib/compat.
Simple.  Since there ARE NO LEGACY ELF LIBRARIES YET, the
/usr/lib/compat directory will have no libraries in it, which is what
he meant by "empty" in this context.  Do we need to enlarge your font
or what? (more sarcastic :-).

- Jordan