Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:10:46 +0100
From:      Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
To:        Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First RSPRO deployed !

Hi,

Nice to see other people work on the same board! feels like RSPRO fever! :P

Thank you for sharing your files with us. I am running freebsd from
both flash (mdroot) and NFS.
In both cases I get the following error RTC after adding your diffs:
Invalid time in real time clock.
Check and reset the date immediately!

Before your diffs I used to get:
warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system time will not be set accur=
ately

Do you have any ideas what the cause could be? I can't seem to change
the time with date also.
Thank you again.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com> w=
rote:
> On Nov 11, 2010, at 8:59 PM, Milan Obuch wrote:
>
> [ snip]
>
>>> adrian@ keeps a wiki page with some information about this:
>>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/AdrianChadd/UbiquityRouterstationPro
>>>

>> I know about this page... actually, I am using patches mentioned there,
>> downloaded from http://people.freebsd.org/~kan/usb_rspro.diff so I can u=
se
>> USB.
>>
>> Also, I use attached kernel config, but this needs some changes. For RTC=
>> patch is probably necessary. GPIO definition needs to be changed a bit. =
I did
>> not test any miniPCI card yet. Maybe again some patch is needed...
>>
>> I found http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/rspro/ - do you use any patch =
from
>> there?
>>
>> Last thing coming from your dmesg - where did you get driver for switch
>> connected to arge1 and what could you do with it?
>

> I'm using the Adrian's fix for USB align problem (http://people.freebsd.o=
rg/~adrian/rspro/usb_conf_align.diff) it is equivalent to kan's patch, but =
the fix isn't hardcoded (you need to enable the adrian's patch by add "opti=
ons USB_HOST_ALIGN=3D32" on kernel config file).

> I'm sending a quick hack for RSPRO gpio, it adds the missing pins definit=
ions and disable some functions used only for mikrotik routerboards.

> There is nothing needed for miniPCI devices, it just works :)
>
> The switch driver is a work in progress... =A0on rspro (for now) it works=
 as a generic switch (which does nothing), you can only see and set (or for=
ce) the media settings per port.

> With a working switch driver you can configure (or filter) vlan tags on e=
ach switch port and build more complex setups.

> I've it more complete on some models of mikrotik routerboards, but the cu=
rrent code is a mess... i already get some feedback, so now i need to rewri=
te the bad parts and i hope it will be available soon for more tests on rsp=
ro.